Thursday, November 10, 2011

Baa Baa White Sheep - Yarn Along


This little here lamb....sheep....creature is a very good example of why you should try not to get distracted when knitting a pattern for the first time....or any time for that matter. I think what I've ended up with is a sheep's back legs, lamb front legs and a really scary head. If not for the fact that I still have lots of the very beautiful ball of wool (which I think is this that I bought here) and that my Waldorf dollmaking classes have taught me to embrace your mistakes and accept that they may have led you to a different but still worthy creation....I would be pulling this sad little creature back and starting again.
Originally I intended a small gathering (I know its flock but I only want a few so gathering sounds better) to go on our Spring table but since we are nearly out the other side of Spring here in Australia, I'll perhaps let them enter with the shepherds at Christmas....perhaps not this particular sheep but some others knitted with more careful attention to the correct section of the pattern - how un-Christian of me.

The book is one of Jodi Picoult's earlier ones that has been on my shelves for.......a very long time and reminds me, along with the hint of the world of books we are blessed with in this house that you can see in the background, that I must find more time in my life for reading again. If only I could work out a way to stitch, knit, read and be at the machine all at the same time......hardly mindful crafting but I'm an ever ambitious creature and those projects just keep forming in my head!

1 comment:

  1. Your lamb is very cute - they are not so good at standing still when they are young and he looks like he is very busy.
    I know what you mean about doing several things at once and this year have discovered the pleasure of Audio books which means I can listen and create at the same time.
    Enjoy the reading.

    ReplyDelete