Sunday, October 14, 2012

I am a Germinator!!

 

I really wasn't sure if I was up for germinating my own seeds but with an inspiring example being set by this friend and our new membership to the Diggers Club I had to give it a try. It worked!!! In fact I have been so successful that if i do manage to keep all these tomato seedlings going, I'll need to find homes for many of them as there won't be space in my beds.



Out in the garden things are shaping up with sage thriving and flowering......



 

 The Rhubarb is very happy in its new spot.......


The silverbeet is glossy and glorious............

                              


The strawberry patch is settling in beautifully...........



The grapevine is sprouting...........



Then there are the parts of the garden I'm not so proud of at the moment.  Our two fruit trees choked by weeds and runner grass and the native bush corner with overgrown vines and a hibernating tree dahlia.
Plans for these areas include a wooden fort for the Pickles, a wall of giant sunflowers, tamed natives underplanted with plants and seedlings from my mums garden, more vegetables and herbs........


Stay tuned for further developments...........

No comments:

Post a Comment